About us at Little Rascals Nursery Worthing. We are a family run Nursery, owned by myself, Sharon.
Both Mike, my husband, and I have Early Years Qualifications. I have a BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies.
My background is firmly based within childcare. As a parent of four children under five I discovered the lack of childcare places, so in April 1998 “Little Rascals Preschool” in Christchurch Road, Worthing was established! In February 2004 “Little Rascals Nursery” was opened in a prime location within Worthing. As our children grew and went to school we realised there was a need for after school care so in December 2006 we opened “Downsbrook Out of School Club”. The club operates from Downsbrook Middle School, Worthing and soon after we opened a second club at Chesswood Junior School.
Our interaction with the nursery is very much “hands-on” and we try to spend as much time as possible within the settings, developing an excellent working relationship with the children, staff and parents with our aim being to create an atmosphere which is welcoming to everybody.
The aim is to provide high-quality childcare and pre-school education which is available to all families from the local community. We have worked hard and have earned a reputation for running a warm and friendly setting where the children thrive in an environment centred around their needs. Through dedicated, highly trained and committed staff underpinned by good OFSTED reports, children are encouraged to learn and develop through stimulating play experiences within a safe, secure and caring environment.
Both of us are immensely proud of our dedicated and loyal staff team and everything that they do. So come along – you will be warmly greeted and welcomed into our family environment.
At Little Rascals we aim to:
- Provide high quality child care in a homely, safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Ensure effective Safeguarding (Child Protection) procedures are in place to protect the children at all times
- Provide an environment where every child feels happy, secure, relaxed, valued and can develop at their own individual pace
- Encourage the children to develop their own personalities and curiosity through making choices and promoting self esteem
- Provide opportunities and activities which will encourage the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of each child, that are suitable for the child’s individual age and stage of development. With appropriate adult interaction where the children can succeed.
- Work in a three way partnership with the staff, children and parents, which involves mutual respect and consultation.
- Work within a framework which provides equality for: all children, families and staff
- Provide the highest standards, based on best practice , we are committed to continuous improvement through the development of our staff
- Recruit staff for their commitment, enthusiasm and caring attitude and for their love of children, whilst providing a service, which is second to none.
The 'Big Rascals'
Little Rascals is managed by a group of friendly, experienced professionals who ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care is provided.
We choose our ‘Big Rascals’ not only for their qualification and experience but for their love of children and their ability to provide first class care and dedication to your child to the standard you would expect as a parent.
We are proud of our experienced staff and invest heavily in continued professional development to ensure that we are able to provide a modern and up to date service for the children.
A Disclosure and barring check (DBS) is carried out on all new members of staff, volunteers and students who join us Staff receive an induction programme of training as they start their career with us. Their induction covers subjects such as Pediatric First Aid, Basic Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Roles and responsibilities. Staff attend play sessions prior to starting so they can familiarise themselves with our standards and procedures, the routine and understand what are expectations are.
We offer our staff the best training opportunities, to support and build on the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS).
The best child care is made possible by ensuring that staff have an in depth knowledge and understanding gained through their professional development.
Our team aims to build close relationships with each child to ensure their individual needs are met and to work in partnership with parents/carers to ensure their child feels happy and secure in nursery. We believe in quality, consistency and continuity and to this end we operate a key person system which ensures that each child has a main carer with whom parents can relate to and who will be the first point of contact for any queries, requests or comments.
Our staff ratios are 1:3 for 0-2 year olds, 1:4 for 2-3 year olds and 1:8 for 3-5 year olds
We are a member of the National Day Nurseries Association, and feel it is vital to keep up to date with the current best practice, to offer the best to you and your child.
At Little Rascals we value our staff
We expect dedication and commitment to the children in our care. Working for us you can expect…
- Good salary
- Paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Career development – personal, educational and managerial
- The opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Training is important to us at Little Rascals. We firmly believe our staff should have the opportunity to improve their qualifications and knowledge whilst employed. We are keen to support career development. There are a wide range of courses available including NVQ’s, Diplomas, Degrees and Modern Apprenticeships. Please read through the website and gain an understanding of what Little Rascals is about. We’d love to hear from you if you feel that Little Rascals is the place for you!
If you’d like to join our team please contact us for more details:
Tel: 01903 600577